Friday, January 14, 2011

Blizzard 2011 & Thomas boots!

We survived the blizzard of 2011! haha It started snowing on Sunday night and it accumulated quickly! The pictures below were taken on Monday morning. I work Sunday nights, so fortunately my Dad was able to take me home on Monday morning. The roads were very icy and although our SUV has 4 wheel drive, I didn't want to kill myself or anyone else attempting the drive home. A lot of my co workers had to spend the night at the hospital in order to work their shifts on Monday and Tuesday. Don't get me wrong, I love where I work. But sleeping on a cot or the floor with a bunch of other people sounded like absolute torture to me. Thanks Dad!! :) We played in the snow on Tuesday. Did the whole redneck sledding and drug Luke through the neighborhood in his laundry basket. He loved it. Anything slightly dangerous is right up his alley lol We stayed in the house until Wednesday afternoon when we couldn't stand it any longer! My Mom picked us up and we trekked out to the mall. The newscasters said to only drive when it was an absolute necessity...oh it was! Being able to let Luke run around was very necessary :) We made it there right before everything closed at 5. Mimi bought Luke some awesome Thomas the Train rain boots. He is obsessed with them now. I have to hide them, because he would wear them all day long! He has inherited his Mimi's shoe addiction :)






































No comments: